Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ILA Teen Volunteers Reflect




My Favorite thing this past year of volunteering at City Impact is….

“When we had the Black History Celebration and my class decided to do thank you cards and write letters to Ruby Bridges. Mrs. Anna read us the story about her and we made letter and a big poster board for her. We decorated it with pictures and drawings that we made.” –C.C. (C.C. is a small group leader with the 3rd graders)

“When Isaiah ate some HOT chips and said they weren’t hot, but when he got done with them he popped up off the floor and asked me could he get a drink. I said yes, because I know the chips was HOT!- Tyree (Isaiah is one of the 2nd graders in Tyree’s room)

“Another one of my favorite memories is when one of the little students from City Impact came up to me and told me he really liked my songs and wanted me to perform the songs again so he could learn them” –Tyree (Tyree writes and performs Christian Rap music and the kids really look up to him for creating worship they can relate to!)

“My favorite memory is when I got to take all the kids in my classroom out into the gym and we played a game. It was very fun and it was nice to know that I was making them have fun!” –T.T. (1st grade small group leader)

“My favorite memory in the past year at City Impact is that the kitchen makes me feel like I can help and I’m not just a little teenager. I love counting the little kids, helping others, delivering their food and seeing their faces.” –Radious (Worship Team, GFG Store Manager and Kitchen Crew)

“My other experience is worship. Just seeing how us worshiping influences [the kids] to get hype and sing for Jesus. When they pray they just give love to God. I love singing and worshiping for God!” –Radious

No comments: