Friday, August 6, 2010

Remembering





Quite a few weeks back, the Social Justice team was talking about fun and practical ways to make a difference in the lives of others around the world. One of the students had shared about a website called freerice.com. Freerice.com is a site you can go to answer questions and after you answer so many questions correctly a bag of rice is donated to a third world country. I came across this journal entry from Cameron the other night.

Internal
Asset Category: Positive Values
Asset #: 27

“I will play on freerice.com (which donates rice to people in poverty) in my free time.” Cameron 6-8th grade student

I really thought it was neat to see the parallel between something Cameron had learned about a few weeks prior to writing this journal entry and apply it to his life. To me it was just another example of all the things these young students are retaining, it really does set in!

No comments: